Friday, July 24, 2009

Matcha Cookies v1.0

Don't you hate great ideas, but poor execution? I had a craving for matcha and I had the brilliant idea of making matcha sugar cookies. Sounds simple right? Use a sugar cookie base and add matcha powder, then BAM! AWESOME MATCHA COOKIES!! Whoooo! NOT! I wish, I wish, I WISH! It turned out as well as I imagined. Here take a look at my product:

Cookie...

What's wrong with it you ask? Well, a number of things. First, it tasted like a sugar cookie. No matcha flavor whatsoever. I put 2 tablespoons of matcha powder, but that wasn't enough. Second, it was overly soft...not chewy, soft and that's gross. I love my cookies crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. What else did I learn? Cheap matcha = cookie fail. =( Perhaps next time, I will add heaps of powder instead of skimping on it. My biggest fear is that by adding too much, my cookie might taste bitter instead of having a hint of green tea to it.


I love the color of matcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails