Thursday, September 24, 2009

Coffee Cookie with Chocolate Chips

When I'm hurting, nothing makes me feel better than writing. In fact, I know when something is wrong with me when I wake up early. Strange? Not really. I usually wake up around 11 PM and I lounge around in bed until 12 or later. However, today I woke up at 8:30 AM and for the life of me, I could not fall asleep again. I tossed and turned, stared at the wall, and tried writing. Nothing helped. I finally crawled out of bed at 9 AM. I made tea to warm me up and here I am writing this post.

I have a vague idea of what's bothering me, but I will need to confirm it. I won't be able to figure it out until later tonight. In the mean time, I'm going to take a walk and relax my mind. Thinking too much about something you can't fix cannot be healthy.

When I'm feeling upset or emotionally off, I bake. Not necessarily for me to eat, but mostly to get my mind off of things. If my creation turns out well, it makes my problem that much smaller.


The Ingredients + Cookie

This is one of those "I am down so I'm experimenting" creation. It was only okay to me. The coffee flavor wasn't as strong as I had hoped. It's going to need some tweaking before I post up a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails