Sunday, August 15, 2010

Raspberry Banana Smoothie

Back in the day (wow...way to make myself sound old), my typical after school snacks included munching on crackers, slurping up instant cup of noodles, gobbling up cookies, and drinking milkshakes and juice. Talk about sugar, sodium, and fat overload.

Since I've started blogging, my need to consume junk food declined rapidly. I think it's changed because it's much more fun to photograph homemade fresh foods than packaged foods. The best part about creating my own dishes is hearing my family telling me that they enjoyed with I made. And if they did not enjoy it, it motivates me to try again and again until they give me the seal of approval.

 (Click image to enlarge)

Raspberry Banana Smoothie

Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 1 cup banana, frozen
  • 3/4 cup raspberries, frozen
  • 1/2 cup milk (or more depending on the consistency)

Directions
  1. Toss everything in the blender and blend away until its to your desired consistency.
  2. You may need to add more milk to the smoothie if you find it too thick.

 (Click image to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails