Monday, November 22, 2010

Nectarine Crepes

Oye, I have completely forgotten how much time going to school full-time and working takes. Sure, I still have time to cook and take photos, but to take time out and write about what's important to me seems to have gone out the window. Any free time I have now is dedicated to friends, boyfriend, or family.

Boy, do I look yums.


Today, I learned that yogurt, brown sugar, and fruits used as a garnish is a bad idea. First, yogurt melts underweight and heat and does not maintain it's shape like ice cream. My nice scoop of yogurt melted into a mess when I topped it with a pretty nectarine (fail.) Second, brown sugar dissolves onto of yogurt. It looked cute sprinkled on top of the crepe, but couple minutes later, it melted into a gooey puddle. Seriously...way to ruin a perfect looking crepe.

I'm melting....

Disaster at its finest.

What happened was that I decided to make my middle sister nectarine crepes tonight as a goodbye sweet treat before she left for college the next morning. The nectarines were sauteed with brown sugar and cinnamon until it became syrupy. I made crepes as well. Both components turned out perfect. Since we had thick n' creamy vanilla yogurt in the fridge, I decided to garnish the crepe with it. It looked pretty and it tasted yums. I garnished an extra crepe for photos and left it alone for a couple of minutes to cook another crepe. When I came back to the model, it became a melted ugly mess. Waahhh. So i forced myself to finish eating that one and I made another less perfect crepe. Boo. Oh well. At least I have pretty pictures, right?

EAT ME.


Basic Crepe Recipe
Adapted from a recipe I copied from an unknown book years ago

1 egg
dash of salt
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 TBSP cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
  2. Each pancake is approximately 2 TBSPs of batter. Cook one side until brown, flip, and cook otherside until colored.

Sauteed Nectarines


2.5 TBSP brown sugar
3 small yellow nectarines, sliced
Cinnamon, to taste

Directions
Pour brown sugar in pan. When it begins to melt, toss in the nectarines. Stir it occasionally and when the nectarines become tender and sauce has thicken, turn off the heat and add the cinnamon.

Assembly
  1. Place crepe on plate.
  2. Scoop some nectarines.
  3. Fold crepe edges in so it becomes a roll. (Seam facing down)
  4. Top with a dollop of thick n' creamy yogurt, whip cream, or vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
  5. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails