Thursday, March 24, 2011

Magic Coffee

When you work with children, you're bound to get sick every couple of months. I thought I had a strong immune system, but man, the germs that kids carry are devastating. I either feel off for a couple of weeks or I get hit hard suddenly...and sometimes both. To ease my suffering, I've been making ginger milk pudding, because the warm dessert and ginger soothes my throat and kills my craving for sweets in a fairly healthy way.

On days where I'm not sick, I enjoy a cold-brewed cup of magical coffee. I'm so glad I stumbled onto this recipe, because the cinnamon surprisingly compliments coffee quite well. For me, that's the "magic" aspect of it.

Non-fat milk sinks to the bottom of the glass. Not photogenic at all.

Magical Coffee
adapted from Food52 by ErinH

Servings: 1 Glass

Ingredients
2 1/2 TBSP of coarsely ground coffee
3/4 cup of water
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
3/4 TBSP of sugar

Directions
  1. Add all ingredients in a container. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
  2. Let it sit in fridge over night and filter/strain the next morning.
  3. Add ice (if desired) and milk.

DIY coffee strainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails