Monday, February 27, 2012

What? Parents know what they're talking about? [Aloe Vera Blueberry Green Tea]

Eggettes Fail.

During my teenage years, I reached a point where I stopped talking to my parents about problems and difficulties I had in my life. Of course, there was small talk and jokes, but nothing personal in nature. I think it's because I felt that they weren't on my side and were only telling me what to do instead of listening and offering guidance.

Now eight years later, I asked my parents for advice about a difficult choice that I have to make in a few days. To my shock, they provided valuable insight and never once pressured me to pick one choice over the other. Hrm, since when did my parents become so wise? (Yes yes...I know...they have always been wise, but the teenage me was stubborn and had false impressions.) It's a strange moment to realize that I always had two valuable resources around me, but I refused to see it. Thank goodness I discovered it before it was too late. It's time to celebrate with a light refreshing drink.

Swirling Colors

Aloe Vera Blueberry Green Tea

Refreshing Aloe Vera Blueberry Green Tea

Note: Lately I've been on a aloe vera craze. It's much more refreshing and light compared to boba.

Servings: 1 Drink

Instructions
1 cup water
1 blueberry green tea bag
1 tsp honey
3 standard sized ice cubes
1/4 cup of aloe, chopped into quarter inched sized pieces
small handful of frozen blueberries

Directions
  1. Pour water in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes with the lid on.
  2. Place tea bag in a cup and pour cooled water over it. Let it sit for 2 minutes. Remove tea bag and stir in honey. Then add ice cubes. Allow ice cubes to dissolve. At this point, you can either prepare the drink or store tea in the refrigerator for later.
  3. In a large glass, add aloe, pour in tea, and garnish with blueberries. Use a large boba straw to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails