Sunday, January 27, 2013

Black Sesame is Good for Your Hair. [Black Sesame Ladyfingers]

I went on a lovely hike with my family this past weekend. I couldn't resist taking this beautiful shot on our way back home.


Since my last post, I have been craving for black sesame ice cream and I was planning to make some this weekend. However, I woke up Saturday morning and decided it was too cold to make a trip to buy heavy whipping cream. I still wanted black sesame so I made black sesame ladyfingers.



Oh my gawd. I definitely stumbled onto something wonderful. Theses are intense tiny bite size snacks that taste great by themselves or dipped in a latte. These would also make a wonderful base for a black sesame tiramisu. New idea brewing? We'll see...



Black Sesame Ladyfingers
basic recipe adapted from Joy of Baking

Makes 16

Ingredients
1 egg, separated
9g sugar
14g black sesame seeds
dash of vanilla extract
pinch of cream of tartar
12g sugar
22g cake flour

Directions
  1. Toast and grind black sesame seeds using a mortar/pestle until it is a fine powder and oil is being secreted. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350°F. 
  3. Beat yolk and 9g sugar until thick and pale. Add vanilla and black sesame until mixed.
  4. Whip egg white until foamy, add cream of tartar. Continue whipping until soft peaks are formed and gradually add sugar. Continue whipping until thick and glossy (firm peaks).
  5. Sift flour on top of yolk mix. Add 1/3 of egg whites. Gently fold until incorporated. Add another 1/3 and fold. Add last 1/3 and fold. 
  6. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pipe ladyfingers into 3/4 inch by 3 inches sizes. Space them 1 inch apart. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges and still spongy to the touch.
  8. Let it cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet then move the ladyfingers to cool on the cooling rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails